Great Models Webstore Acquisition FAQs
At this point in time, everything remains status quo. If you order something from Sprue Brothers website, your order will be pulled and shipped from Liberty MO via the existing Sprue Brothers staff. If you order something from the Great Models website, your order will be pulled and shipped from Sandy, UT via the existing Great Models staff. Things will begin to change once we begin the transition/integration of Great Models and Sprue Brothers that should begin later this spring.
What does this mean to me as a current Sprue Brothers Models customer?
What does this mean to me as a current Great Models customer?
- More lines and selection as we absorb the inventory from Great Models and transition it to the Sprue Brothers website.
- As far as how Sprue Brothers does things (real time inventory, shipping within 1 business day, pricing, etc.), no changes are anticipated.
- First, we would like to welcome you to the Sprue Brothers family. Once the transition gets fully underway, you will be redirected to place your order on the Sprue Brothers website. You should see minimal differences other than a different looking website as Sprue Brothers offers similar shipping methods, similar shipping incentives, real time inventory, and all paid orders ship within 1 business day (most orders placed by 2:00pm Central Time ship the same day). What will be different is that once the transition is complete, there will be more brands you can order from one source.
Which lines/brands that Sprue Brothers does not currently carry, but Great Models does, will Sprue Brothers keep?
- Any lines that are not directly related to modelling (such as Airsoft guns and accessories) will likely not continue at Sprue Brothers once the existing inventory is sold.
- What modelling-related lines that Sprue Brothers carries is actually decided by our customers. As long as we can obtain it acceptably and the line sells consistently, it will likely be kept.
What will happen to the Great Models website?
- Immediately, nothing. At some point in time this spring, it will need to be turned off to allow the servers to be moved to Liberty, MO from Sandy, UT. Once the servers get to Liberty, we will evaluate the feasibility of maintaining its extensive database for modelers to use for research.
Can I still order from the Great Models website?
- Yes in the short term. However when the move/transition of Great Models from Sandy, UT to Liberty, MO begins, orders will no longer be accepted at the Great Models website. You will be re-directed to the Sprue Brothers website.
Are you going to operate from both Utah and Missouri?
- No. We will be moving the Great Models' operation to Liberty, MO to merge into the current Sprue Brothers operation.
How long before the items from Great Models inventory be available on the Sprue Brothers website?
- The move will involve over 250,000 items. It will take time to get everything moved, organized, and integrated. There is not a set timeframe, but it is our intent to try to integrate the Great Models inventory as soon as possible.
What do I do as a Great Models customer with a customer service issue?
- Until the time that the Great Models website is no longer accepting orders; and/or re-directs you to the Sprue Brothers website, Great Models customer service is still being handled the same way as before.
What if I have a pre-paid pre-order with Great Models?
- Great Models Webstore will honor all pre-orders which are released from now until the physical move.